Join Today

Default it nothing.............

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Ready4TheFight; 09-15-2011 at 09:32 PM.

hahaha.... are you sure man???... man i hope they are....lol...BAM!!! when it bites the glass a tooth chips off then another grows back....lol...that'll be amazing...lol
    Go Hard Or Go Home

haha alright i'mma google it right now
    Go Hard Or Go Home

sometimes the teeth don't break but get twisted around and is in the wrong position so it cannot penetrate.

in my opinion, betta teeth is more like the flowerhorn.
    shark teeth can slice/cut a piece of tough meat. betta teeth can only hold on to it.

then i would like short teeth .

to know exackly how betta teeths looks like we need a skeletal skull of a dead male betta to comfirm how the teeth are arranged lol. my guess is upper mouth have tiny teeth and lower mouth have tiny teeth..many rows of them..can be sharp etc... they are not as sharp as northern pikes but they are like grippers simular to largemouth bass. but some large mouth bass if they don't fight alot in the wild their teeth are alot sharper to those that fight alot. I notice this because there are three ponds in my area..one pond have less bass and one have alot..the one that have less bass teeth are longer and sharper. however young bettas teeth do regrow better..vs. mature fighter their teeth will grow slow. My guess is that as fries gets older they develop more rows of teeth pushing the older teeth row foward like what a shark rows of teeth would be like. as more rows of teeth develop the older row get push out..

A lot of fish have sets of rows structured teeth like a shark. Go fishing...you'll know what I mean. And flowerhorn/lou han/lo han teeth are totally different - they have the teeth that will grow at any random places. Not in sets of rows all beautifully lined up like the jaw of a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    A lot of fish have sets of rows structured teeth like a shark. Go fishing...you'll know what I mean. And flowerhorn/lou han/lo han teeth are totally different - they have the teeth that will grow at any random places. Not in sets of rows all beautifully lined up like the jaw of a shark.
    lol flowerhorns teeth are weird i must say. one that don't have teeth in front..after a fight it will grow a teeth there. haha mine that just recover from a accidental fight grew a big front tooth. odd but yeah. overall it may seems that red devil-jag-dovvi-to these preditor fishes..they have canines teeths vs. bristle teeth type.

if we were to compare the mouth structures between the flowerhorn and plakad, they are quite simillar. they even hv similar type of thick lips.

when a flowerhorn flare at each other over a transparent separator and attempt to open mouth to bite their opponent, this resemblance what the plakads do too.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DinOBeeR View Post
    if we were to compare the mouth structures between the flowerhorn and plakad, they are quite simillar. they even hv similar type of thick lips.

when a flowerhorn flare at each other over a transparent separator and attempt to open mouth to bite their opponent, this resemblance what the plakads do too.

cheers
    Every fish will open their mouth before they attack - it's in their nature regardless of what species they are. The mouth structure of a flowerhorn and a plakat is totally different if you were to really ask me. Their teeth as what bettaman mentioned - are more of like needles/thorn instead of like a sharp brush. While a plakat lip is mainly thick bones/cartilage, flowerhorn lips are fleshy. You just can't compare a gourami related fish to a cichlid hybrid - just not the same.

thx! mwc that really clear my head thx a lot man!

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    Every fish will open their mouth before they attack - it's in their nature regardless of what species they are. The mouth structure of a flowerhorn and a plakat is totally different if you were to really ask me. Their teeth as what bettaman mentioned - are more of like needles/thorn instead of like a sharp brush. While a plakat lip is mainly thick bones/cartilage, flowerhorn lips are fleshy. You just can't compare a gourami related fish to a cichlid hybrid - just not the same.
    tks bro BIG_ONE, u are entitled to your view and i respect that. thanks for your sharing.

since i hv oredi shared my view too, i will jus leave it as it is. let's hear wat other bros hv to say

cheers